South Australia’s Government has re-opened applications today for its labour hire licensing scheme, after it was repealed recently.
The Labour Hire Licensing Act 2017 requires anyone who provides labour hire in South Australia to be licensed and labour-hire providers must lodge their applications by August 31.
Who needs a licence?
If any of the following apply, you will be required to apply for a South Australian Labour Hire Licence:
- your business provides workers to work for someone else in and as part of that other person’s business
- you have an arrangement with your workers to supply them to another person to do work
- the workers you provide to the other person are paid, whether in full or in part, by your business – eg even if payment is only for accommodation.
You do not need a licence if:
- Supplying labour is not a core function of your business
- You provide workers to another business within the same group of companies
- You provide workers to another business where both businesses are part of the same franchise
- You provide workers to work in another business that collectively operate using the same banner, brand or trading name
How do I apply?
You need to apply for your licence through the Consumer and Business Services South Australian Government website. The licence application can be found by selecting Work & Business Licences and then selecting Labour lire licence from the list of licences.
What are the key dates?
Applications can be lodged from 14 June 2019 and need to be completed by 31 August 2019.
What information do I need to provide?
The following information will need to be supplied when preparing your application:
- Details of at least two responsible persons in your business
- A letter no older than 6 months from your licence application, confirming that your business is solvent. This must be provided by a Chartered Accountant, Certified Practicing Accountant or IPA Public Accountant
- Proof of completion of an approved business pathway – please consult the SA Government site for more details
- National Police Certificate less than 12 months old
How much does it cost?
The below fees include the application and annual amounts:
|Natural person application fee||$562 + $225 (first year’s fee)|
|Body Corporate application fee||$562 + $1226 (first year’s fee)|
|Application to change a responsible person||$123|
|Application to apply for a substitute responsible person||$123|
How do I find out more?
CBS Occupational Licensing
Phone: 131 882